Caring for Creation
Life Is Better Together
CONNECT | GROW | PRAY | SERVE | REACH OUT
“One expression of this attitude of gratitude is when we stop and give thanks to God before and after meals.
I ask all believers to return to this beautiful and meaningful custom.
That moment of blessing, however brief, reminds us of our dependence on God for life.”
Pope Francis. Laudato Si’ : Para 227
Who are we?
A group of English Martyrs parishioners who care passionately about the future of the Earth and all who live on it.
What do we do?
The Caring for Creation group meets regularly to:
- Plan activities in the parish which help the environment
- Share ideas on how we can actively care for our planet
- Pray for our world
- Put our Live Simply Plan into action
How did we get started?
An English Martyrs parishioner was moved to set up the group when she watched ‘Abdella’s Walk for Water’ during CAFOD’s Lent appeal.
“We have to realize that a true ecological approach always becomes a social approach; it must integrate questions of justice in debates on the environment, so as to hear both the cry of the earth and the cry of the poor.”
(Laudato Si, 49)
How can I get involved?
There are lots of ways to join in! You can:
- Join the Caring for Creation group: you’re welcome to join our meetings and/or our WhatsApp group – please contact the Parish Office
- Hop over to Caring for Creation on YouTube for our latest news, tips and upcoming activities
- Take a look at our Live Simply Plan and see what simple actions you can take to help the planet
- Watch the CAFOD video below about Pope Francis’ letter to the world – Laudato Si
- Explore our fact sheets on the environment and how you can help care for it
“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”
• Biodiversity •
• Climate Change •
• Pollution •
• Poverty •
• Recycling •
• Quality of Life •
• Efficiency •
• Sustainability •
• Food Waste •
• Plastic Waste •