With the re-opening for public Mass, we cannot wait to welcome you back!
In Reading, we are in Tier 2 and so will be following the guidelines set out by the Bishops’ Conference for parishes in Tier 2.
Registration for weekend Masses will open on the Monday before at Midday.
Register For Mass
We are asking all Parishioners and guests to reserve a seat to attend Mass. It is possible to reserve up to 6 places for the same household.
Please reserve your spot for Mass by clicking on “Reserve Your Seat” below.
Please arrive early for your selected Mass time to ensure enough margin for admission. You do no need to print off your ticket, the steward will have a list of the people who have registered for the Mass.
Wear a Face Covering
The government requires everyone over the age of 11 to wear a face-covering at all times whilst in the building, unless exempt from doing so.
This is to protect everyone who has come for Mass.
Masks are worn during the entirety of the Mass, with the exception of receiving communion.
Guidelines for Attending Mass
- All of our stewards will be wearing masks as they assist with your registration, take your temperature and help you find your seats as well as being there to answer any questions that you may have.
- We are operating a one way system within the Church, this is marked out but please ask any of the stewards if you are unsure.
- We will not be passing offertory baskets.
- We encourage online giving; please click the link for more information. Communion will be given in its proper place, the stewards will be on hand to ensure you know when to go up and where to go.
- Surfaces (including pews) will be sanitised and cleaned after all Masses.
- Hand Sanitiser will be available at every entrance; toilets will be sanitised between uses.
Public Mass FAQ
Facial coverings are required for everyone over the age of 11 years old, other than those who are exempt from wearing one. If you are unsure, please contact the parish office.
There is no fixed number (as there is in other countries). We ensure that we stick with the required social distances when registering people for Mass.
If you phone the parish office someone will be able to help you.
When you register for more than one person, it is important that all of these people are part of one household or bubble. It is possible to register for up to 6 people at a time.
The weekday Masses continue to be live-streamed at 7 pm Tuesday to Friday.
The weekend Mass will be livestreamed on a Sunday at the 11.30am Mass.